Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do I fix the FICA withheld?

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

How do I fix the FICA withheld?

It is unusual for FICA  (Social Security & Medicare) to be wrong.  The most common reason is that you worked multiple jobs, or changed jobs. 


Each employer calculates Social Security independently. If you earned more than $132,900 combined from BOX 3 if all your W-2 you will have overpaid.


This is not a problem.  It will be credited to you on your tax return on line 18 (d) of your Individual Tax Return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings