Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lesdavdel

How do I fill out the New Mexico Form PIT-B, Allocation and Apportionment of Income Schedule?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

How do I fill out the New Mexico Form PIT-B, Allocation and Apportionment of Income Schedule?

TurboTax should walk you through this, but if you need more details/guidance, here are the instructions. Here is a PDF of the form itself so you can have a more holistic view. 

If there is a specific part of the form you are stuck on, please provide details so we can better assist. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lesdavdel

I received an error in TurboTax.  On the PIT-B, some of the NM amounts were filled in and the corresponding Federal numbers were blank.  Upon review, TurboTax told me that numbers must agree but would not let fill in the Federal blocks.  

I received "chat" assistance from TurboTax.  The TurboTax on-line assistant told me to zero out the New Mexico numbers.  This "solved" the TurboTax error but also completed deleted the Form PIT-B.  Now my NM return does have the PIT-B and I cannot figure out how to get it back.

As it stands, I am unable to properly separate my California income from my NM income and am probably overpaying tax to NM.

Both links concerning New Mexico Schedule PIT-B, including the PDF link to the form, take me to Error pages.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Credits

Other PIT-Related Forms

Personal Income Tax Return Forms

Wow, finding the forms was a lot tougher than I expected! The state updated the forms and not the links.

@fredleverentz

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
luckylou1

Your link doesn't work.  I just gives a bunch of code, no instructions.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

@luckylou1

You can access the form and its instructions by clicking Personal Income Tax Return Forms near the bottom of the state's Personal Income Tax Forms page.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies