polishprincess21

How can I get the interest on US Treasury Bonds not to be taxable to the state of Indiana,? the first state that comes up on the drop down menu is Maine?

I am trying to add interest from US Savings Bonds on the federal income section.  When it asks which state will not tax this income, the first state that comes up is Maine.  I am trying to use Indiana.  When I get to the Indiana section it show that the interest is US Savings bonds but it will not let me update it and the interest is being taxed  How do I get around this?

SteamTrain

Exactly which box number...on which form did you put in the Savings Bond interest back in the Federal section?

IF you entered it properly in box 3 on a 1099-INT, then there is nothing else you need to do...you do not need to "Adjust" it specially for any state.  

The post-INT form box you checked that started with "Maine" has nothing to do with box 3 $$.  That checkbox is for $$ in box 1 where certain states do not tax the box 1 $$ that comes form state banks and Credit Unions located within their state.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*