turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nextsteps

How can i file my Arizona Tax Credit to a qualified organization and have it show on my return? do i use form 321?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Karen1209

How can i file my Arizona Tax Credit to a qualified organization and have it show on my return? do i use form 321?

Yes, according to this AZ Department of Revenue link Contributions to Qualifying Organizations, the form is 321.

[edited 1/23/18|4:09PM]

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Karen1209

Yes, according to this AZ Department of Revenue link Contributions to Qualifying Organizations, the form is 321.

[edited 1/23/18|4:09PM]

I'm trying to file my TurboTax return but I do not  see how to  include it to receive this tax CREDIT.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

To claim the credit for a contribution to a qualified charitable organization (QCO) on the Arizona (AZ) return follow the steps below.

1. Sign into your *TurboTax account > Select State Taxes > Continue through the state screens until you reach the Additional Standard Deduction for Charitable Contributions screen
  2. Select Contributions for Which You are Claiming an Arizona Credit enter your contribution amount
  3. Continue to complete your return
    • *Online or Desktop (see image below)

Be sure that your contributions entered here are not duplicated on your itemized deductions.  Use the 'Learn More' link for more information and  visit AZ Department of Revenue page for QCOs.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The solution indicated (which does not include AZ Form 321) treats donations as a tax deduction. NOT a Tax Credit, which it is.

Other than printing out the TurboTax AZ State Return, and then filling out an AZ Starte Return by hand - AND INCLUDING THE AZ FORM 321 MANUALLY - is Turbo tax going to address this?

For a married couple, the TAX CREDIT is $800.  The way Turbo Tax treats it, we would get a tax increase of of $8.

I.e., with Turbo Tax, without the AZ "Credit" my refund is $610.  Once I add in my $800 donation, my refund reduces to $602. say what???  

If I fill the forms out by hand, my refund is ($602 + $800) = $1402.

Come on Intuit... this has been in the AZ Tax code for several years; time to add AZ Form 321 and alter your calcs...

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

The AZ form 321 is included in the AZ state interview. 

1. Just "continue" click through the AZ interview and eventually you will  arrive at a page titled "Other Nonrefundable Credits". 
  2. You will select "Contributions to Qualified Charities (form 321)." 
  3. Continue,
  4. Select the applicable donation timing boxes.
  5. Enter the name, code (hyperlink for the list), amounts for the donation.  

Also, remember this credit is non-refundable.  You will only be able to use the credit to reduce your AZ tax to zero.  The rest is carryover to next year.  So if you have a tax on line 48 of $300 then your Charitable contribution credit will be only 300.  The rest will carryover.

JB AZ
Returning Member

This seems to no exist this year (2022, doing 2021 taxes). I did it last year and have been looking for an hour. So frustrating.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

You are saying that you never saw a screen with the title of "Other Nonrefundable Credits"? I just saw it using TurboTax Online, right after "School Tax Credits". It's pretty far through the Arizona interview.

Or are you using the CD/download software?

@JB AZ

Johndelf

I'm using turbotax premier.  I'm filing an AZ income tax return.  How do I enter a contribution to a qualified charity that is eligible for the AZ tax credit?

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

To claim Contributions to qualified charities that are allowed by the state of Arizona:

1. Select State in the left pane of the TurboTax program
  2. Select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right page
  3. If you’ve already started working on your state return, select Edit or Continue to the right.  If you haven’t started yet, select Add a State and then choose Arizona in the dropdown
  4. Work through the state pages 
  5. On the School Tax Credits page, select any credits that apply to you, or None of the above, then select Continue
  6. On the Other Nonrefundable Credits page, select Contributions to qualified charities (Form 321), then select Continue
  7. Continue inputting your credit and other state information

@Johndelf

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon at the lower left

**Mark the post that best answers your question by clicking on “Mark as Best Answer”

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies