You are correct. New York does allow you to itemize your deductions for tax preparation fees under Miscellaneous Deductions. There is still a limit of only deducting the fees that exceed 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income.
You will enter these items in the Federal section of the program. The entries here will pull into your state return and allow you to include them in your itemized deductions on your state return assuming you are able to itemize.
- Go to Deductions & credits
- Scroll down to All tax breaks
- Scroll down to Other Deductions and Credits
- Select start to the right of Tax Preparation Fees
- Proceed to enter your information here.
You will need to enter any other itemized deductions in the Deductions & Credits section as well to have them flow through to your New York tax return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post