Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

datrue

Hi there, We owe state taxes in the state of California and I don't know how to pay them. Do I wait for a letter from the CA tax department? Or is there another way?

The tax return was accepted, but now I cannot figure out how to pay the taxes we owe.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, We owe state taxes in the state of California and I don't know how to pay them. Do I wait for a letter from the CA tax department? Or is there another way?

You could not have completed the File section of the program and e-filed your tax returns if you did not select a method of paying the state taxes owed in Step 2 of the section.

Look at your State Filing Instructions page for how you chose to pay the taxes owed.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You could not have completed the File section of the program and e-filed your tax returns if you did not select a method of paying the state taxes owed in Step 2 of the section.

Look at your State Filing Instructions page for how you chose to pay the taxes owed.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return

datrue

Thanks a lot for the speedy and helpful response.

I opened my tax return download and I indeed had set it up at direct payment. I was just confused that we received our federal money so quickly, but that we did not pay our state obligations. The tax return confirmed that the money would leave our account on 3/15. I am relieved that I had a way to confirm that. I don't want to miss paying my taxes. Got a little nervous there for a moment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies