tramos501

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible if I can Itemize some things. Would it be possible to itemize my transportation costs that I did for 2019?

DawnC

It depends on what the costs were for.  You can deduct transportation and/or mileage costs for medical, charity, rental income or self-employment related expenses.  You can only deduct those costs if they relate to your W-2 job in very limited situations.   However, they may be deductible on your state return if they are not deductible on your federal return, so you can still enter them.  TurboTax will figure out if you can deduct them or not.   The easiest way to get to the correct place to enter them is to type mileage into the search bar, press enter, wait a few seconds, then follow the instructions in the search results.  

DawnC