tstojak

Hello. For California state tax return I would like to deduct my charitable contributions and investment advisory fees, which were excluded from Federal taxes. Thanks.

maglib

You need to still enter them on the federal return and while they won't be deductible there, they will still flow through into your state return is the easiest way.  (I do not know the CA interview as all states are different, but there should be a section of the CA interview asking you about additional health expenses and advisory fees).  Easiest method is to enter into federal.  Good luck.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question