jonic2015

GA unemployment

FL resident. Flight attendant based in GA. Collected unemp. in GA. Turbotax is pulling ALL income (alimony, mil retirement, FA pay) instead of just unemployment income to be taxed. Since I live in FL, I don't pay any state income taxes on my income. I understand I will pay income tax to GA on my unemployment income but TT shouldn't be pulling ALL of my income to pay state tax to GA on! How do I fix? thx!

SundayInSalem

GA unemployment

Be sure you are filing a nonresident Georgia income tax return.

TurboTax should ask whether you made money in Georgia but never lived there.

Then you should see Georgia Part-Year and Nonresidents screens asking you to split your income between Georgia and other states. Georgia income should be $0 for all categories except unemployment.

SundayInSalem

GA unemployment

jonic2015

GA unemployment

thank you! I didn't think the numbers could be changed the way TT has the numbers already in a box for GA.....but they can! Thanks for the help!