Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal NOL Deduction detail F500P1

Turbo tax asks me to upload Federal NOL deduction detail:F500P1 when I try to efile Virginia state corporation tax return. What is this? Where do I get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

An NOL (Net Operating Loss) is a negative overall income for this or a prior year.  It goes on your return as a negative and reduces your income.  If you had a negative income in a prior year and carried it into this year then the explanation would be "NOL carryforward from prior year".  

If you have not used a negative number intentionally in your preparation of your tax return then you need to go back through your federal return and see why it thinks you have entered a negative number.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I understand NOL. Turbo tax is asking me to upload Federal NOL deduction detail:F500P1 as an attachment before I can efile the Virginia state return. My question is what is F500P1? Does it stand for Form 500 Page 1? Do I print it from the return first and upload it as attachment?

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

That is a state form and you probably just need to enter your NOL explanation into the state form to match the explanation on your federal form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TSL-28

I have the same issue; how did you solve it? What form was attached? Do I upload the Net Operating Loss Worksheet from the Federal as attachment?

TSL-28

I have the same issue; how did you solve it? What form was attached? Do I upload the Net Operating Loss Worksheet from the Federal as attachment?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies