Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal eFile success. Georgia eFile = "Update Available"

Hi there!  I've successfully transmitted my federal return however when attempting to transmit Georgia, I receive the message "FAILED_VALIDATION. There is an update available...."  I have done everything suggested in the support documents and community.  I have forcefully uninstalled and reinstalled all of TT.  I've run the state cleanup repeatedly.  I even tried a fresh install on a computer that's never had TT installed. Nothing is helping. What next? TT shows that my Georgia version is 5/20/23. Under components, S2022ZGA = 2022.3.0.0, GAIndividual = 2022.1. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just ran the 7/21 update and my Georgia return transmitted successfully.  Looks like I'm all set!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Software updates occur on either Wed or Thursday evenings.

Thus...

Try a software update on each Friday morning for the next 2 or 3 weeks, and try again.

________

Yeah...you are not the only one, but the issue seems to be limited to GA, so far.

If you are getting a GA refund, shouldn't be a problem to wait a couple weeks to see if TTX gets a fix enacted.

BUT

If you owe GA, it's up to you if you want to wait longer, or just change to print and file by mail.  Penalties and interest may accrue in that situation....how much, depends on how much you actually owe.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you.  Still no luck, but glad to know I'm not the only one. It's a modest refund, so I'll give it a few more weeks.

Just tried again after receiving an update to the main program. Same issue.  I've already paid for state eFile and I do expect it to work.  What next? Am I really going to have to call Intuit to get some help?

duplicate post - already answered 

@AndrewC75 

Received notice from the TurboTax Moderators that the update on Friday 07/14/2023 should have fixed this issue.

Check your Installed Updates - Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on View Installed Updates.  In the update list check to see if the 07/14/2023 update was installed.  If not installed then click on Check for Updates in the Online menu

If it was installed and you are still having the problem of not being able to e-file the Georgia state tax return due to the Failed Validation error then you need to send a diagnostic file to TurboTax for investigation.

Click on Online and then click on Send Tax File to Agent

When the Tax File is created and sent you will get a diagnostic file number.

Post the file number on this thread to the TurboTax Moderator @ErickaY 

Everything seems to be updated, however it's still not working.  @ErickaY , the diagnostic token is 1148091. I appreciate in advance your assistance.

I just ran the 7/21 update and my Georgia return transmitted successfully.  Looks like I'm all set!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies