excess CA SDI

021188

excess CA SDI

wont let me efile becasue it says i have excess CA SDI which i dont . only had one employer

macuser_22

excess CA SDI

Are you filing joint and your spouse has a W-2 and you accidentally entered both W-2's for the same spouse?

Or perhaps there is a rounding error - try reducing the amount by $1.00.

021188

excess CA SDI

only one W2. rounded correctly. its on a loop cant file till resolved. glitch in system i think.

excess CA SDI

Be sure you didn't mistype the state wages box on the W-2.  If you did, it's doing a calculation based on an incorrect wage.

macuser_22

excess CA SDI

Is it in box 14 on your W-2?  How much did you enter?

021188

excess CA SDI

yes its in box 14 . Doubled checked w2 several times . any more suggestions. its on a loop im going crazy or crazier

021188

excess CA SDI

double checked but thannks. can you thimk of anything else its drivivng me batty

macuser_22

excess CA SDI

It cannot be more than $1,229.

Actually unless you are itemizing deductions, it is  not necessary to enter it at all.  The only reason for it to be entered is it is a state tax that can be a deduction but only if you itemize.

021188

excess CA SDI

so sdi is only 280ish. so turbo tax brought it to my attention on review so I added a zero, now ive removed the zero and everything is fine. Go figure , Thanks to all that replied. allowed some other ideas to crop up in my head based on your suggestions and have now filed my taxes. Thank you all