excess CA SDI

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

excess CA SDI

wont let me efile becasue it says i have excess CA SDI which i dont . only had one employer

8 Replies
macuser_22
Level 15

excess CA SDI

Are you filing joint and your spouse has a W-2 and you accidentally entered both W-2's for the same spouse?

Or perhaps there is a rounding error - try reducing the amount by $1.00.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Level 2

excess CA SDI

only one W2. rounded correctly. its on a loop cant file till resolved. glitch in system i think.

SweetieJean
Level 15

excess CA SDI

Be sure you didn't mistype the state wages box on the W-2.  If you did, it's doing a calculation based on an incorrect wage.

macuser_22
Level 15

excess CA SDI

Is it in box 14 on your W-2?  How much did you enter?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Level 2

excess CA SDI

yes its in box 14 . Doubled checked w2 several times . any more suggestions. its on a loop im going crazy or crazier

Level 2

excess CA SDI

double checked but thannks. can you thimk of anything else its drivivng me batty

macuser_22
Level 15

excess CA SDI

It cannot be more than $1,229.

Actually unless you are itemizing deductions, it is  not necessary to enter it at all.  The only reason for it to be entered is it is a state tax that can be a deduction but only if you itemize.

Level 2

excess CA SDI

so sdi is only 280ish. so turbo tax brought it to my attention on review so I added a zero, now ive removed the zero and everything is fine. Go figure , Thanks to all that replied. allowed some other ideas to crop up in my head based on your suggestions and have now filed my taxes. Thank you all

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings