rickn47

Efiled NY state return on 2/14 but have no t received notice it was accepted yet its 2 day already

I e filed Fed & NY State on sunday 2/14. Within a few hours I got email that Fed return was accepted. Its already 2 1/2 days and I still have not received notice  of acceptance from NY State. Is this usual?

DavidD66

It is not unusual.  State tax returns are not transmitted to the state until after the Federal return has been accepted.  In addition, state e-files take longer than federal to be processed.  As long as your return is not "rejected" there is nothing to be concerned about.

rickn47

Just got the email yesterday (4 days after efiling) that NY State accepted return. Thanks