jasona22

efile state won't submit without Federal; but federal already submitted

So I got a rejection of state.  TT was supposed to "walk me through" fixing, and I do not have any warm fuzzy it was fixed.  I clicked the "help me fix it" and it just told me schedule C this or that but took me no where.  I am hoping it just fixed it but I am doubtful.

So I thought I would just efile again and see if it circles back around because I can't get TT to tell me about the rejection issue and it still "analyzes" as all fine.  However, when I do the recommended and efile, it complains that i have to have a federal return.  Well, federal was accepted already as I efiled it with state yesterday and only state was rejected.  It even says it just below in the efile page.  How does it not know they arlready did that?  I have not been impressed with this years TT.

rogerslkr

I too am in an endless loop.  I clicked "E-file Federal" and  "Do not e-file state, I'll do it later".  Have rec'd email saying Federal was accepted.  A day later, when I try to e-file State, I click "E-file my state now".  The bottom of the screen says "The following return has been transmitted - Federal Return".  I click "Continue".  The next screen says "E-file requires federal return.  To e-file, you must also select the federal return.  Click Back to select federal and any other returns you'd like to file".  I click "Back" and repeat the process.  Round and round we go.  I have not only closed and reopened TurboTax, I have rebooted the computer.  It appears I will have to print and mail my state return.  I am very unhappy.

bvc1

I have the same problem.  What is Turbotax doing about this?  Is a software update coming?  

SteamTrain

@jasona22   @bvc1 @rogerslkr 

________________________
.............that's a known recent  "issue" in the desktop software 

Check for a software update once every day....or hit the "go here" in the following FAQ to get notified when it's fixed:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*