Are you trying to e-file your state tax without filing your federal first?
If so, you will need to remove the state and file your federal first, and then the state.
If you require more help, please reply to this thread for assistance.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
If you choose to e-file your federal first, you'll have to wait until that return has been accepted before you can e-file your state. The IRS has stated it will start accepting returns at the end of the week.
Once your federal return has been accepted you should be able to e-file your state return.
To e-file your state return:
- In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
- Select Tax Home in the left menu.
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
- Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area).
- Select File in the left menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or select the menu icon in the top left corner).
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
- Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
- On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
- Follow the instructions to e-file your return.