ebmarch

Do I pay taxes in CA when I work and Live in Colorado?

I was hired by an employment agency in CA to do work for a CA-based company. However, I performed all my work from my office in Colorado where I live. I did not live in CA at anytime during the year. The employment agency withheld CO taxes, but no CA taxes. Do I need to file taxes in CA when all of my work for the employment agency was done in Colorado?

CalCountry

If you did not perform any work in CA, and your employer (or the agency) did not withhold any CA tax, then you should not have to file a CA tax return.  It is irrelevant that the employment agency is located in CA and irrelevant that the company is based in CA.

CalCountry