jody_ehler

Do I need to file an Illinois tax form if I lived in Iowa and worked in Illinois and accidently paid $85 in taxes for Illinois?

I don't want to spend money or time getting my $85 refund from Illinois.  Can I just ignore and not submit for Illinois state?  I submitted my Iowa and federal forms already.

DS30

Yes, you can just submit an IA resident state income tax return only (to report all your income including IL-sourced income) if you do not want a refund of your IL withholdings.

DS30

jody_ehler

One pay period was taxed by Illinois and Iowa.  I submitted the reciprocal form for the start of the second pay period.  Employer did not instruct us of the reciprocal forms.  I googled and found this information and submitted right away.  Thank you for the reply "Turbo TaxDeeS!
DS30

You are very welcome 🙂