Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I manually deduct $10,200 from the Unemployment amount I received to amend SC state tax or is it already deducted for SC? State allowed exemption May 18.

I can't determine if I need to leave the full amount I received or manually take out the $10,200 for South Carolina amendment.
Mike9241

if your federal return reflects the UC subtraction on schedule 1 line 9, then it's been included in the SC return since it starts with federal taxable income

Taxpayers who filed a South Carolina tax return before May 18, 2021, should review their return to determine if the correct amount of unemployment compensation is reported in federal taxable income. If it isn't correct, file a Form SC1040 with a Schedule AMD (Amended Return Schedule). The “Amended Return” box on the front page of the SC1040 must be checked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help.  My Federal taxes reflect the $10,200 exemption on the schedule, as you mentioned.  I e-filed on April 13 before the SC Governor decided on May 18 to allow the state to exempt that same amount, and we received our state refund based on the rules in place on April 13.  Am I understanding correctly?  I simply need to amend the state and leave the UE compensation as it was reflected on the 1099 (not manually substracting the extra).  Correct?