Solved: Colorado Charitable donations doubled

shunter96

Colorado Charitable donations doubled

When reviewing my federal and state return forms, I found that the amount of charitable contributions I entered had been nearly doubled on my state of Colorado DR 0104AD. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't find how to fix it.

ErnieS0

Colorado Charitable donations doubled

To fix your state return, go to the Colorado section of TurboTax and continue until you reach Additional Qualifying Charitable Contributions. Remove any amount there.

You should not enter additional contributions in Colorado if you either:

(1) itemized deductions on your federal return and listed charitable contributions, or

(2) Deducted up to $300 in cash contributions on Form 1040 because you did not itemize deductions.

Taxpayers who make charitable contributions that would be eligible for a federal income tax deduction, but do not claim federal itemized deductions on Schedule A of form 1040 or 1040SR, might be eligible to deduct a portion of their contribution on Form DR 0104AD.

Related Resource:

ErnieS0

Colorado Charitable donations doubled

Related Resource:

shunter96

Colorado Charitable donations doubled

That fixed it! Thank you!