Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Charging for e-filing state return but then Turbo Tax say we're not allowed to e-file.

Turbo tax charges $25 to e-file a VA state return and after you pay and continue on to e-file, Turbo Tax wants to make one last check of the return.  In our case, it said we were unable to e-file because we overpaid state taxes one w-2.  We must file by mail.

Would be nice if Turbo Tax made that check as part of the original check of the state return before making us pay for the e-file.

Can I get a refund of $25 for I paid for a service that Turbo Tax then said I coiuldn't use?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Charging for e-filing state return but then Turbo Tax say we're not allowed to e-file.

If you used desktop software and paid the $25 state e-file fee, but were unable to e-file your state return, you can ask for a refund of the $25 fee.

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What state taxes does it say you overpaid?  State withholding?  Maybe we can help you fix it and efile.  

I would try deleting the W2 and enter it again manually.   That may clear it out.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies