Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ANYuser

Can TurboTax Live pay NJ state taxes online? I'm asking this question because form NJ-1040 does not have any place to specify bank account info.

Can TurboTax Live pay NJ state taxes online? I'm asking this question because form NJ-1040 does not have any place to specify bank account info.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can make a NJ tax payment online at the NJ website below -

https://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_RevTaxPortal/jsp/IndTaxLoginJsp.jsp

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can make a NJ tax payment online at the NJ website below -

https://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_RevTaxPortal/jsp/IndTaxLoginJsp.jsp

ANYuser

Yes, I know that I can make NJ tax payments online or by sending a check which obvioiusly has nothing to do with e-filing returns by TurboTax.  I had provided my bank account details to TurboTax and it was mentioned in the "cover page" of our e-filed NJ tax returns (PDF file with form NJ-1040, etc.). Does that imply TurboTax will be passing on my bank account details to NJ Taxation?  I don't want to pay taxes 2 times -- once through TurboTax e-file and another time directly via online or via check myself.  On the other hand, if TurboTax didn't pass on my bank account details, we will considered delinquent even though we e-filed our tax returns on time.  Hence the question.

Yes, if you efiled the NJ return and provided the bank account details for payment (which it appears you did since its on the NJ cover page), then this information gets forwarded to NJ for payment on the date you selected.  There is no place on the NJ form because NJ requires efile for direct deposit/payment.  So, if you were printing your return, then you would need to make the payment directly (which doesn't apply to you since your comment clarified you efiled).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies