Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't purchase additional state: trouble authorizing credit card

I need to purchase North Carolina to prepare a family member's return. I enter my billing address, validate it, go to the next screen, enter my payment information, click Continue and then Place Order and get the error:

We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number and CVV and try again.

Everything is accurate. I tried a different credit card. The old workaround of using a street address of 123 Main St doesn't work.

I can't believe we're still having this problem, TurboTax. TAKE MY MONEY and don't make it so hard!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Did you get a solution?  I have not been able to file my state taxes for Wisconsin.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try using 123 Main Street for the address. Leave City, State and Zip the same.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No. I filed my Virginia taxes on paper.

I tried for two months to get TurboTax to take me seriously. I spent well over 10 hours on the phone talking with multiple supervisors. Everyone assured me they would handle my issue and escalate it until it was resolved. Every single one ghosted me. They refused to open a real support ticket to send the issue to development so that it could be actually investigated.

Did you read my original post? I said that I tried that workaround and it didn't work. I did leave the city, state, and ZIP Code the same.

@JeanHT    Any chance that you use the Brave browser as your default browser?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

No. I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, however.

@JeanHT   

OK, guess I don't have a real solution. That particular browser (Brave) has a firewall setting that ends up blocking CCds and such.  Guess it could be a virus scanner setting, or high security setting on the browsers you do have, but that's a wild guess.   I didn't have any issues when using the Edge browser on Windows computer, with it's security setting right in the middle.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

you will likely need to call turbo tax.

in the left help menu pay by phone has options for turbo tax to accept you payment to

add an additional state

add state filing cost

you will read them a code from that drop down.  if you have to exit this menu you will need to start again because each code is linked to the code they will give you to authorize the program to work

they will take your money and your code and give you a code to type in

the program recognizes that you have paid for whatever they need you to pay for

then you can do your business

what a nightmare I had with Wisconsin return not accepting the $25.00 program glitch.   funny today there was an update to turbotax.  maybe that belatedly fixed my problem and yours

I tried default browser settings with all extensions and add-ons disabled. I also disabled antivirus. I did extensive troubleshooting on my own and with TurboTax. As many posts in this forum will attest, the problem has existed for several years. TurboTax just isn't interested in fixing it, much less diagnosing the cause.

As noted in earlier replies, I did call TurboTax, REPEATEDLY, to no avail.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies