Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FlyingDolphin22
Returning Member

Can't e-file (Can does should) Had to add those stupid words in there to be allowed to post

Turbo Tax wont let me e-file, should I just add $1.00 to my W-2 Wages box, what kind of problem does that create if I do that? It's IHSS Income that is tax exempt, my W-2 Box 1 and 2 have $0.00 income.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Can't e-file (Can does should) Had to add those stupid words in there to be allowed to post

You can add $1 to interest income and it does not cause any issue - over reporting income by $1 to file the return.

You however are not required to file.

FlyingDolphin22
Returning Member

Where do I add $1 interest, at? Where is that located, I tried looking before and couldn't find it. Thanks

go to Personal Tab
Personal Income
I'll chose what I work on
go to Interest and dividends
then to interest income and type in any bank and $1.

The IRS does not allow a e-file with W-2 that has no box 1 income.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
FlyingDolphin22
Returning Member

Hmm. I'm using Turbo Tax self employed, in the "Interest and Dividend" section, it only gives the option to enter "Seller-Financed Interest you received" if I sold my home, and requests info to enter the buyers name and social security number. But I don't own a home. What should do? Is that right place to enter?

Go to Personal Tab first in Self-employed
FlyingDolphin22
Returning Member

@macuser_22 Is there a work around to make it work? My business return has a lot of pages to print, I would like to e-file if I can.

The W-2 can be left off since it is probably just reporting SS and Medicare income and the IRS does not administrate that, the Social security administration does and they get the W-2 from the payer, not from your tax return.  The IRS does not want do nothing W-2's with no taxable income which is why they do not allow them.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies