June 5, 2019 4:29 PM
last updated June 05, 2019 4:29 PM
My wife and I left MN to work overseas Aug 2014. I am trying to file a non-resident form with MN. I accidently selected MN as current residence and cannot change it back. Is there a way to change it?
Try this solution:
- Login to your account
- At the top, click the "Personal Info" tab (this will take you to your Personal info summary).
- Scroll down until you see "Tell us the state you lived in"
- In the "I lived in another state in 2016" select Yes
- Now you can select where you lived on December 31, 2016 (Scroll all the way down "Foreign or U.S. Possession")
- On "Previous state of residence" select the state where you lived before you move
- Type the date you moved
- Click Continue
The blocks mentioned were already filled out as indicated. This solution does not allow me to change the state tax form M1NR. I have non-resident selected but it will not allow me to change the state from MN (accidently selected) to any other.