If you did not receive any W-2's in 2018 then delete any W-2's shown in the list for forms, schedules and worksheets.
Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on Delete a form
I have the same problem with my 2019 taxes, but i am unable to clear the error--doing what you suggested.
Any alternatives to try?
When i click on the button that says "I have no W-2s" and move on, it does not save that answer, and when i return to that screen, it reverts to "Work on my W-2s"--of which i have none. Your help is appreciated.
- Go to federal>wages and income>W2 income
- See if there are any W2's in the screen that are waiting to be edited. if so,delete them.
- Now go to tax tools>tools>delete a form>delete any form or worksheet that mentions W2
- Now go to your state return>delete or remove the state
- Now add the state back in your return and let's see if you still have that error message because at this point, there should be no more W2 errors if this is done correctly.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"