I have got some short term & long term stock gain in 2017 and have added the in Turbotax as Federal Income using 1099-B information. My question is will there be any extra California adjustments - addition required for this or California adjustments - addition will be $0 for this as it covered in CALIFORNIA ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME (AGI). This is confusing to me.
It's already taken care of in your CA adjusted gross income EXCEPT for exclusion of gain from the sale of qualified small business stock. There are also other differences, such as
- sale of certain low-income housing
- sale of personal residence
- sale of personal residence (military)
- regulated investment (RIC) shareholders
- property inherited before January 1, 1987
- capital loss carryforwards.
Scroll down till you see the discussion on capital gains in this:
These are the instructions for the CA Adjustment form: