Solved: After graduation in dec 2016 my son stayed in WV from Jan-May15 with part time jobs. Is he a part time resident if his license was in CT?

dtarczali7

After graduation in dec 2016 my son stayed in WV from Jan-May15 with part time jobs. Is he a part time resident if his license was in CT?

He was not a dependent. He was on his own but is he considered a resident of WV

Leonard

Yes, your son is considered a part-time resident for WV and will have to file a Form  IT-140 with the state of WV.  The fact that his license was in CT does not affect his part-time residence status in WV.

Leonard