Solved: After graduation in dec 2016 my son stayed in WV from Jan-May15 with part time jobs. Is he a part time resident if his license was in CT?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After graduation in dec 2016 my son stayed in WV from Jan-May15 with part time jobs. Is he a part time resident if his license was in CT?

He was not a dependent. He was on his own but is he considered a resident of WV

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 4

After graduation in dec 2016 my son stayed in WV from Jan-May15 with part time jobs. Is he a part time resident if his license was in CT?

Yes, your son is considered a part-time resident for WV and will have to file a Form  IT-140 with the state of WV.  The fact that his license was in CT does not affect his part-time residence status in WV.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 4

Yes, your son is considered a part-time resident for WV and will have to file a Form  IT-140 with the state of WV.  The fact that his license was in CT does not affect his part-time residence status in WV.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings