Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

About to efile my Federal 1040 (approval of extension granted in May), but cannot find my Form 4868 to print and submit with my paper mailed GA state return. Where do I find it?

I will be efiling my Federal 1040 today, but I need proof of extension approval before paper mailing my GA state return with check for taxes owed. When I view the pdf of my Federal 1040 in my TurboTax online Self-Employed app, I see no Form 4868 to print off and attach to my GA state tax return, which I intend to mail by priority USPS today. Any advice? Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

About to efile my Federal 1040 (approval of extension granted in May), but cannot find my Form 4868 to print and submit with my paper mailed GA state return. Where do I find it?

The Form 4868 should be in the file if you use Print Center and the option for all worksheets, assuming that you used the TurboTax Easy Extension website to e-file the extension request with the same User ID for the 2020 account to complete the federal and state tax returns.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The Form 4868 should be in the file if you use Print Center and the option for all worksheets, assuming that you used the TurboTax Easy Extension website to e-file the extension request with the same User ID for the 2020 account to complete the federal and state tax returns.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Since anybody can get 4868 from the IRS website and put down their name, including that with your state return is unnecessary.

If you filed a request for extension of time, that is in your tax account history.

Ive been mailing my state taxes for years and can confirm i have NEVER included proof of the extension

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies