Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Maxim10

2020 California State Income Tax Return Rejected

I got notice that my 2020 Personal return was rejected because CA_Itemized - potential issue due to an error on software (TurboTax).  How do I get this fixed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies

Turbo Tax, please help me in making correction to get CA State Income Return Accepted.

My CA State Tax return was rejected due to an error in TurboTax software. When I opened my return I did not see any details about what's causing the problem displayed. Please help.

My California state 2020 tax return says the same thing.  Has Turbo Tax fixed the issue yet?

Jaseedwin

Having the same problem. Previously there was a message saying there was a software update that would fix it on 2/18/21 and I submitted again. Just got rejected for a second time and now the message says to wait until 2/26/21! Aggravating that I paid for this product and it's not even working correctly and I don't know how to fix it otherwise. 

sheliab_6647
Returning Member

I received the same message, California Tax return rejected.  When I open the Turbo tax program it wants me to resubmit my Federal Tax which was already submitted, no option to submit the State tax although it says it is correct it did not tell me the problem other than the email text.

I'm in the same boat.  CA Return has been rejected at least 3 times already.  Reject Code F540NR-950.  Turbotax has a message saying "There is an internal processing error with your return. This issue is resolved in a product release scheduled for February 18, 2021. Please update your software on or after 02/18/2021."  Strangely, it is already 2/21/2021 and the system still refers to the past date like it is a future date.  Don't know what is going on, but Turbotax software quality is clearly not what it was in the past.  Probably outsourced software dev overseas to save money or they are not hiring the right people anymore.  Very frustrating for the end customers.

how do I correct this software error

lauli

My CA state return got rejected too. When I tried to fix it Turbo Tax said they’ll do a software update on the 26th and then it’ll be able to fix. So everyone just has to wait a few days! Definitely seems to be an issue on their end so should be easily fixed after the software update

I have used Turbo Tax for years without a problem. I am in this situation too. My California return was rejected. It says that one section of numbers don't add up correctly. With TurboTax, we don't do the math. My numbers are all in incorrectly. This group is giving me hope that TurboTax will be correcting their software. Thanks!

hasminaee

I keep getting the same software error too. Not only that, originally when it first got accepted it said I would get my CA refund of $112 and now it's saying instead I owe $50 in CA taxes even tho I've changed nothing on the original info that said I would be getting a refund??

andy560

Same thing happened to me. Mine has been rejected twice already! It is very frustrating. 

ThomasIII

My return for CA was rejected twice. Your software says that the error was corrected in the software but my second rejection was after this was supposedly fixed. Please correct issue.

Underfog

I decided not to file my California return because it was obviously wrong.  The return had me paying over $3,200.00 in addition to what was already taken out of my check.  I always get a refund.  I did the return manually and it shows a $500.00 refund.  Something very messed up in the Turbo Tax software for California. This is crazy, I am done with Turbo Tax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies