2019 State Filing - Excess SDI Withholding Questio...

2019 State Filing - Excess SDI Withholding Question

I seem to be stuck in a loop. It is telling me that we cannot efile without the box for excess SDI withholding filled in. The answer is 0. And for some reason that isn't sufficient because it keeps kicking me back to the same question. How do I fix this?

i would suggest revisiting your W2 and delete the entry in Box 14 where your SDI is reported.  California State Disability Insurance (SDI) benefits are generally not taxable, either on a federal level or on a state level.  In fact, they are never taxable, except when considered to be a substitute for unemployment compensation, and when paid to an individual who is ineligible for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits only because of the disability.

Please review this link, for further details.

similar problem, except I have NO W2s. Only 1099-R, SSA-1099 & 109-div and it still wants SDI data and won't take $0.0. Won't transmit without. At least the fed did transmit.   

Pheg Relim in smoky Calif