Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where are my taxes?

Hello so I am hoping someone could give me a little insight. My husband and I filed our taxes back in February and we still haven’t gotten our return. We used turbo tax and apparently there was a error and we caught it pretty quick so it shouldn’t have caused this kind of delay. It wasn’t amended but they had placed it under review. The stimulus doesn’t have anything to do with this delay from what I’ve been told. I can’t call the irs to talk to them as they have advised to call if it’s been over 60 days, no email address to write. I have checked the sites and it says my refund is being processed but it’s been stuck in that status for weeks. I don’t even have a progress bar on my app or the website. We have gotten a stimulus payment just waiting on our taxes. Is anyone else stuck in this predicament? What can I do? I’m a flipping professional at the waiting game but my patience is wearing thin and would like some answers. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Where are my taxes?

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, the refund process is completely under the control of the IRS. The IRS says that most refunds would be issued within 21 days. But some returns need more processing and refunds will take longer, especially those under a 60-day review during these Covid-19 times when most IRS agents work remotely.

I understand that it can be frustrating not be able to call the IRS but please be patient and check the status of your refund at IRS web portal.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where are my taxes?

I wonder why I’m not seeing a progress bar. It just seems like it hasn’t been touched at all. I know I’m not the only one going through this it’s just frustrating that they tell you to contact them if it hasn’t been done in 60 days yet they don’t give you a helpful number or email. Just a simple letter saying “hey haven’t forgot about you, we got this.” Would be great. 

Where are my taxes?

Here we are several days later and still no update. 😡

900riv
Returning Member

Where are my taxes?

Same here filed them on feb & only received Az tax refund which was 255$ Turbo Tax app says accepted for both amounts wth !

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Where are my taxes?

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tyler998877
Returning Member

Where are my taxes?

This is Tyler Burlington my taxes have been filled and i was wondering the date the return will be back and how much be filled.

Where are my taxes?

@Tyler998877 wrote:

This is Tyler Burlington my taxes have been filled and i was wondering the date the return will be back and how much be filled.

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies