Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DougSharpe
Returning Member

TurboTax Business - State Return Won't Launch

In TurboTax Business, I purchased and downloaded the Virginia S-Corp state return. Now when I go to the State Taxes tab and click the Start button next to Virginia S Corporation, it takes me back to a purchase page. That page includes a box indicating I already bought Virginia S Corp. However, downloading again from there does not allow me to launch the state return.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

51 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Here are a few options that may resolve the issue for you. In the first two cases, open a new return and test the State Taxes module before attempting to restart your current year tax return.

1. Close TurboTax Business and run the State installation package again, OR

2. Uninstall TurboTax Business, reinstall, then run the State installation again, OR

3. Contact TurboTax Support and request a token that will activate the State module you purchased.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DougSharpe
Returning Member

I uninstalled & reinstalled then tried with a new test return. Did not recognize I had purchased VA S-Corp, and VA S-Corp did not appear in the options I could buy.

Went back to my in-progress return, and situation remains the same. In the "buy states" dialog, it recognizes that I already bought VA S-Corp and offers to download again. But afterwards, the state return doesn't launch, just goes back into the purchase flow.

I will contact TT support.

It's because the state download won't be ready until Jan 19 or 22.  Try after that.  Use this tool

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product... 

Same issue here.  Turbotax Business 2023.  Purchased State Partnership.  Desktop App goes into an endless loop.  Will not process the state return.  Tried the special software to unload the state, then reinstall... Also tried unloading Turbotax Business, reboot and reinstall.  Same issue.  VERY IMPORTANT: The loop does not recognize the purchase, and will process the download as a purchase again and again.     Net results: Can;t complete State return, therefore can't file 2023 Business fed or state taxes... and don't trust K1 report results for Turbotax Deluxe 1040 requirements.

@bblyth Which state are you needing for the Business Edition?  Many states still do not have the business forms for tax year 2023 finalized in TurboTax.

DoninGA

Thanks for your reply.  Pennsylvania state download is ready and downloaded without an issue. The issue with TT Business is loading the state for processing.  When I select the button to begin the state return, I am returned to the download option, although TT business recognizes the State Partnership and State Corporation have been downloaded.  The issue is twofold: (1) TT Business attempts to download again via the "charge for the State version" and (2) TT Business will not process the state version.  As mentioned, I tried using the special TT state unload program and procedure (unload State version, restart PC, etc...). If that did not work, the procedure states to unload the entire program, restart and reload TT Business.  Again, the same issue occurs.  Finally, Intuit needs to not charge multiple times for a state download, which can happen without an error or notice.

I am having the same issue with my Florida state corporate tax file

Well, it is now the 28th and I am still having this issue with my Florida corporate return. Tried the link you posted and I received the following message (and yes, this is real, I am not making this up):
"Unable to process your request at this time. Please try again after sometime."

RKorecki

I am also having this issue with the Florida S-corp return.  I added and finished Pennsylvania just fine but Florida will not add.

Good to see someone was successful with the Pennsylvania state business return.  Going to give it a shot …. Thanks all!!!

RKorecki

So I cannot get the Florida State forms to be available in my Corp return.  I've paid for the it and it just never gets added into the return no matter how many times I download it.  Contacting TurboTax support is useless as you never get a chance to talk to a person and the robot help person just sends emails of help articles to me that are not even for the product I am calling about.

It seems like many have this issue but it seems there is not one method that works.

lugrd5

Wow, @VolvoGirl  Thank you for that link! I was frustrated about my PA S-Corp forms not launching and I'm glad to see your guidance. I'll just wait until they're released on 2/16.

Hello... Please note.. the 2/16 date is for the updated TurboTax Deluxe 1040, which I use for adding the LLC based K1 data into the 1040.  TurboTax Deluxe reports Pennsylvania will not have the update forms until 2/16/2024.  Meanwhile, the issue with Filing the state BUSINESS taxes via Turbotax Business is the same as everyone else is dealing with.  The State selection downloads, installs and loops back to the state download.  It never permits the completion of the State Business taxes, thus... you can't file your State Business Taxes - period.   I tried calling Intuit.... after an hour, with the uninstalls, re-installs, etc.. nothing was fixed. 

For businesses needing to file by March 15th, regardless of extension, I suggest looking at alternative solutions for your State business taxes... Frankly, my question is:  If the state business taxes does not work, what else is not correct within the software?

Note: the "link" is for a previous version and does not work with the 2023 Business version...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies