turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

acota0108

Excess 401K contribution, withdrawn, W2 correction? need Taxreturns help

rohit1st

Sorry, the above IRS link doesn't address the issue that we don't have a corrected W-2 from employer. If we had the corrected W-2, we wouldn't have had this issue in the first place.

Just announced:  An update currently planned for April 12th, 2019 will resolve the issue of a looping interview preventing e-file.  You may still see a warning of excess contribution, but e-file will be available.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
mjolley9

macuser_22 - Can your provide a link to the announcement?

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4698409-excess-401-k-contribution-preventing-e-file">https://ttlc....>
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
pish180

^^^^  <--- nothing like fixing it 3 days before the deadline!

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900551-can-irs-extensions-be-e-filed">https://ttlc.intuit.com/que...>
yznyc

We should be naive to believe that they will fix the problem by April 15.
We should ask for a full refund. I have brought the CD from Costco. When I talked to TT, they say that i need to go to Costco for a refund. Costco is not giving a refund. Did anyone experience such situation and has a solution?
viveks45

@yznyc - I totally agree on your comment about believing TT/Intuit that they will fix this issue before the filing deadline. I had the same situation - purchased a CD from Costco. I asked TT for a full refund and the manager who I spoke with (was very rude) sent me a link which said to send the CD with the purchase receipt back to them to claim a refund. Since I didn’t have my receipt, I went to Costco to get one but the Costco manager at my local Costco simply gave me a full refund.
yznyc

Thanks viveks45. I will ask for a Costco manager. Unfortunately I bought 4 states. TT states that they will not refund them ($180 for states)
viveks45

@yznyc - I only had one state but did get a refund from TT since the money they charge for states is only for e-filing. There’s no reason you shouldn’t get your money back if you actually can’t e-file. Worst case, dispute with your CC company if you paid by CC
viveks45

@yznyc - if some low level support person refuses to refund, ask for a manager and keep going up the chain
mjolley9

Finally let me E-File this morning. Issue appears to be resolved for Online / Browser TT version.
rohit1st

Finally, was able to e-file this morning. Not without drama though. I had already chosen to print my returns once, so TT won't let me change it to e-file.
If you chose to file by mail, but haven't mailed your printed returns yet, you can still e-file.
Here's a work-around (pretend to add a state and it re-opens your return) - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3399683-how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online">ht...>
mrm312

@rohit1st , are you using Online or Desktop? Anyone using Mac desktop able to efile?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies