Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Your gov. payment from OR Empl. Dept shows $1099 on line 2 but this payment is not reported on a business...my OR emp dept is for $733 - where is this other total hiding

I only have one item int he 1099-G section and that's my unemployment for $733.  There is no "box 8" or "line 2" on this form and nothing on my 1099-G line item in TurboTax is for $1099.  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

"Your gov. payment from OR Empl. Dept shows $1099 on line 2 but this payment is not reported on a business...my OR emp dept is for $733 - where is this other total hiding

Sounds like your 1099-G for Unemployment was not entered correctly.

Type '1099-G' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to 1099-g' to get to this section. 

You could Delete your previous 1099-G and re-enter it by typing it in yourself.

Here's info on How to Enter a 1099-G for Unemployment or Paid Family Leave

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you.  For some reason the "Jump to" isn't working for me this year, it did last year, but has now disappeared from my search toolbar.  I deleted my 1099-G unemployment and typed it back in but am still getting stopped with the same error.  Without a Jump To option I'm not sure how to find what they're talking about. 

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Form 1099-G line 2, State or local income tax refunds, credits or offsets, could be referring to your state income tax refund if you received one in 2022. That refund would be for the 2021 state income tax return.

• Form 1099-G Box 8 is Check if box 2 is trade or business income.

To navigate to the unemployment section of TurboTax without using the "Jump to" feature:

1. Open TurboTax.
  2. On the landing screen, select Pick up where you left off.
  3. On the left navigation screen, select Federal, then Wages & Income.
  4. On the Your income screen, scroll down to Unemployment and click on Show more then Start/Update/Edit. If you don't see unemployment, click on Show all income and expand. 
  5. Continue through the onscreen interview to see if there is a discrepancy. 

To navigate to your Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns:

1. Open TurboTax.
  2. On the landing screen, select Pick up where you left off.
  3. On the left navigation screen, select Federal, then Wages & Income.
  4. On the Your income screen, scroll down to Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns and click on Start/Update/Edit. If you don't see Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns, click on Show all income and expand.
  5. Continue through the onscreen interview to see if there is a discrepancy.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies