Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I am in Forms Mode, why doesn't the Form 1040 show up in the list?

In prior year's software, when you were in Forms mode, the first form listed is Form 1040 and you could access it to review it, or click on different lines and the program would take you to that form.  in 2016, when you are in Forms mode, there is no Form 1040 so I don't know how to access that form, which is pretty basic to the whole concept of preparing your tax return.  I only use the Forms mode when preparing my return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ChelseaS

If I am in Forms Mode, why doesn't the Form 1040 show up in the list?

Your Form 1040 may not show up in Forms Mode right away. You will need fill out some of the information worksheets first. Click on the Info Wks then click QuickZoom to enter your Personal Information. Although your Form 1040 has not been added to the list yet you can see it by clicking on Open Form and search for 1040. Double click on the 1040 and it will be added as a tab. TurboTax does not recommend filing out your return in Forms Mode and it also eliminates the 100% Accuracy Calculation Guarantee. Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for information about using Forms Mode. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301400

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies