turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Very confusing year. I received a 30k check from fidelity.(retirement account). They mailed me check and I deposited it to wellsfargo before I sent the total to vanguard

I did not enter the Form 1099-R. I also withdrew 5k out but repaid within 30 days. Both payouts 30,000 and 5,000 were deposited within 30 days but I failed to report the 1099-R forms. As I read turbo tax suggestions I thought it did not need to be reported, hence the reason I did not enter the forms. What happens next?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Fern

Very confusing year. I received a 30k check from fidelity.(retirement account). They mailed me check and I deposited it to wellsfargo before I sent the total to vanguard

You need to amend your 2016 tax return to included both 1099 R forms you have received. They both will be reported as non-taxable income. Most importantly, you will report to the IRS that the amounts were rolled over.

See the article below for instructions on how to amend a tax return you have already filed.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies