turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I know that since I made over $34000 and filing single that I only have to claim 85% of my social security. Do I put the full amount of SS or just the 85%?

My old accountant used to put the full amount and then the 85 percent, however, there is no boxed for that on turbo tax so not sure if I enter the whole amount I received from SS or just the 85%
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I know that since I made over $34000 and filing single that I only have to claim 85% of my social security. Do I put the full amount of SS or just the 85%?

You must enter the full amount. Type   SSA-1099   into the search box, then when you get to the SS screen you enter the amount that is shown in Box 5 of your SSA-1099. Turbotax automatically calculates the taxable part, if any. You do not have to do anything.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You must enter the full amount. Type   SSA-1099   into the search box, then when you get to the SS screen you enter the amount that is shown in Box 5 of your SSA-1099. Turbotax automatically calculates the taxable part, if any. You do not have to do anything.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies