Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lndalland

I do not qualify for the EIC its says I make 45,306 which is above the limit of 44,648. Is there a way to adjust my income, with a donation or IRA cont?

And would that even be helpful? I see for 2 qual. kids the deduction is $5,572. Is that subtracted from what I currently OWE in fed taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I do not qualify for the EIC its says I make 45,306 which is above the limit of 44,648. Is there a way to adjust my income, with a donation or IRA cont?

You might be able to make a Traditional IRA and if you qualify to deduct it then it will lower your AGI but not your earned income.  Both your earned income AND AGI have to be under the max.  

And even if you can lower your AGI you won't get much back for EITC.  Depending on income, EIC goes up, peaks, then goes down again to zero as income rises.  So if you make near the max income to qualify, you will get a lower amount for EIC.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You might be able to make a Traditional IRA and if you qualify to deduct it then it will lower your AGI but not your earned income.  Both your earned income AND AGI have to be under the max.  

And even if you can lower your AGI you won't get much back for EITC.  Depending on income, EIC goes up, peaks, then goes down again to zero as income rises.  So if you make near the max income to qualify, you will get a lower amount for EIC.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies