Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why 1099-G amount (is the actual amount I received) does not match the nearly double refund amount shown in turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Why 1099-G amount (is the actual amount I received) does not match the nearly double refund amount shown in turbotax?

I think what you mean is your refund is more than the unemployment income you received as reported on your 1099-G form?

If so, you may be getting a Recovery Rebate Credit if you didn't receive all of the stimulus payments you were entitled to. You were due a stimulus payment of $1,800 for yourself and more for your spouse and children if applicable to you.

In TurboTax you were asked to enter how much you received, if you entered less that $1,800, then you may have had some stimulus money added to your refund.

You can look on line 30 of your form 1040 to see if you have a Recovery Rebate Credit while working in TurboTax online by using these menu tabs:

1. Tools
  2. Tax Tools (left side of the menu bar)
  3. View Tax Summary
  4. Preview my 1040 (left menu bar)
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for trying to answer my poorly worded question. The problem was with the TT software I think. It reported my state refund as 2x the actual amount. The next time I logged in the issue was resolved. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies