darichard

Which version of turbotax should be used for social security lump sum payment for several years

rjs

Any version of TurboTax will handle lump-sum Social Security payments for prior years. After you enter the information from your SSA-1099, the next screen will ask you whether you received any lump-sum payments.

jlrogers63

So how much will I get dinged on my taxes next year if I take a lump sum pension this year?  Example, $20,000
rjs

@jlrogers63  This question is about lump-sum Social Security payments. A lump-sum withdrawal from a pension plan is completely different. Please refer to your own question that you posted about your lump-sum pension payout. If you want to add information or expand your question, add a comment to your original question, and keep all the discussion there. Posting bits and pieces of information about your situation in scattered places causes confusion and makes it hard to see the whole picture.
rjs

GWHale

Form asks me to enter lump sum payment for one given year....but mine is for catch-up payments years 2007 thru 2021.  How do I enter that?