waltererobinson

Where it says,"What Did You Do With The Money From Teacher Retirement System of Texas?" I didn't cash out or withdraw. Why would I have to select that choice?

IreneS

TurboTax wants to know which of the following you did with the money from the Teacher Retirement System:

1. If you put the money back into the Teacher's Retirement plan or into another retirement plan (like an IRA)?  This includes rollovers.  If so mark the first radio button.
  2. If you used the money for things like living expenses, car payments, etc., select the second radio button.  You probably would have gotten monthly payments from the system.

TurboTax asks this question to determine if the money you received is taxable on your federal and state returns.