Solved: Where do my 2020 estimated tax payments for self e...

userrcdeering

Where do my 2020 estimated tax payments for self employment get entered into TurboTax? I paid $13,000 but they don't appear on my 1099-NEC.

I made the payments to the IRS online and they show up in my account there.

DMarkM1

Try this to enter quarterly payments made on your 2020 taxes.  Under the "Deductions & Credits" tab,

1. Scroll down to "Estimated taxes and other income taxes paid"
  2. "Show More"
  3. "Start/Revisit"  the "Federal Estimated taxes for 2020..." topic

AnnetteB6

Estimated tax payments would not be shown on your Form 1099-NEC.  That form would report income that was paid to you by the company that issued the Form 1099-NEC.

Estimated tax payments made to the IRS are reported separately in your return based on your own records for the payments that you made.

Use the following steps to go to that section and enter your payment information:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “estimated tax payments” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to estimated tax payments
  • Click on the blue “Jump to estimated tax payments” link
  • Click Start beside Federal estimated taxes and enter your information
userrcdeering

Sorry, that search does not produce any Jump to estimated tax payments” link.  I believe I followed your instructions exactly.

DMarkM1

2. "Show More"