To enter the Form SSA-1099-SM in TurboTax Online.
- Sign into your Online account.
- Click the orange button that says "Take me to my return."
- Go to Federal Taxes at the top.
- Then go to Wagess & Income.
- Scroll down to Retirment Plans and Social Security
- Click Start next to Social Security( SSA-1099, RBR 1099)
- Click Yes next to the question "Did you receive any Social Security benefits."
- Enter the amounts for yourself and your jointly-filing spouse, if they received an SSA-1099 also.
SSA-1099s for children and other dependents are not reported on your return. They should report it on their own return, but only if they're required to file a return for some other reason (this is uncommon).
TurboTax will automatically calculate what portion, if any, of your Social Security benefits are taxable.
Still have questions?Make a post