Go back to the Personal Info tab to make sure you have your spouse listed correctly. You should see you spouse listed under your name. Make sure this is not listed under the dependents section.
Once you have that information correct navigate back to the 1099-R by taking the steps below.
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal depending on version)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income depending on version)
- Click on Show all income (if needed)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security and click Show More
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click Start/Revisit.
- You should be able to select who the 1099-R belongs to, either you or your spouse.
Please leave a comment if this does not fix the issue.
Still have questions?Make a post