ldcsr47

Where do I put my law enforcement personnel pension exclusion on my taxes? I live in MD and retired from DC Police department. I am 55 years old. Thanks

RobertG

When you enter your pension into TurboTax it will ask you if your pension is related to law enforcement or firefighter service, because some States offer this exclusion.

1. When you get to your Maryland return Edit Income
  2. On the screen Here's the income that Maryland handles differently select Pension Payments to the benefit of Law Enforcement Personnel
  3. Follow the screens to enter your pension.

Your pension exclusion will be reported on Maryland Form 502SU.

ldcsr47

Thank you very much!

DaveF1006

In order to qualify for the exclusion, you would need to have been retired from law enforcement performed in the State of Maryland. please review this link for further verification.