Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

janeyq

Where do I enter income earned for one day when I didn't recieve a tax form for the income?

I worked one day at a church. I didn't receive a tax form.

Where do I enter income earned for one day when I didn't recieve a tax form for the income? Should I enter it as "other income not already reported on a W-2 or 1099? Or should it be entered as "other reportable income"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Where do I enter income earned for one day when I didn't recieve a tax form for the income?

Yes, you could enter it as other income. But, Assuming you want the income  to count as earned income, for the Earned Income credit (EIC); you need to enter it as self employment. The easiest way is at the 1099-Misc screen.  You do not need the payer's ("employer's") Employer ID Number (EIN).

Enter your income at the 1099-Misc screen (even if you didn't get a 1099-misc).

In TurboTax (TT), enter at:
- Federal Taxes tab

- Wages & Income

-Scroll down to:

- Other Common Income

-Income from Form 1099-Misc

When asked why you got the 1099-Misc, select “Freelancer or Independent contractor”

The IRS considers undocumented cash income (no W-2 or 1099-MISC), for work performed, to be self employment income. If the amount was less than $433, you will not be subject to social security tax

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Yes, you could enter it as other income. But, Assuming you want the income  to count as earned income, for the Earned Income credit (EIC); you need to enter it as self employment. The easiest way is at the 1099-Misc screen.  You do not need the payer's ("employer's") Employer ID Number (EIN).

Enter your income at the 1099-Misc screen (even if you didn't get a 1099-misc).

In TurboTax (TT), enter at:
- Federal Taxes tab

- Wages & Income

-Scroll down to:

- Other Common Income

-Income from Form 1099-Misc

When asked why you got the 1099-Misc, select “Freelancer or Independent contractor”

The IRS considers undocumented cash income (no W-2 or 1099-MISC), for work performed, to be self employment income. If the amount was less than $433, you will not be subject to social security tax

janeyq

Thank you very much Hal_Al.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies