rvg0127

When entering the quarterly taxes in deductions - does that include ONLY the federal tax portion or the social security portion too?

My husband is a clergy and pays estimated taxes that include Federal taxes and the 15.3% social security payment.  When I input the estimated taxes paid in Turbo Tax under Deductions, do I include just the Federal Tax allocation or do I include both the Federal Tax and Social Security Portion?  How will the IRS know what portion of the estimated tax payments should be allocated to his social security payment?

Coleen3

It doesn't matter. A tax payment is a tax payment. It all gets added together on the 1040. Include every dollar you paid in as an estimated payment that you made.