Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jchang680
Returning Member

What should I do if the description of expenditure on my K-1, Section 59(E)(2) expenditures Box 13, Code J, doesn't match the options available in TurboTax?

My K-1 description says "Sec 59(E)(2) expenditures from passthrough entities". I didn't receive any other attachments explaining those passthrough entities. TurboTax won't let me move forward unless I select one of the following: circulation expenditures, intangible drilling costs, research and experimental expenditures, mining exploration expenditures, or mining development expenditures.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

What should I do if the description of expenditure on my K-1, Section 59(E)(2) expenditures Box 13, Code J, doesn't match the options available in TurboTax?

On an attached statement, the partnership should have told you the type and the amount of qualified expenditures for the section 59(e) election. I suggest contacting whoever issued you the K-1.  Otherwise, make an educated guess based on what activities the partnership engages in or the name of the partnership.

mcks2019
Returning Member

I can not find where to include my intangible drilling costs on my turnbo tax llc

mcks2019
Returning Member

i am filling out my 1065 and there is no place to include intangible drilling costs to get the deduction so it can be passed along to K-1 holders.

mcks2019
Returning Member

i was only issued a letter saying that my intangibles were 47500

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

If you are preparing a business return in Turbo Tax, do the following to enter your intangible drilling expenses.

1. Go to federal taxes>deductions>business expenses>all other expenses>start
  2. Here you can enter a description and amount for intangible drilling costs
  3. Now you can go to the forms mode and check statement A for each partner. The amount that distributed is the ordinary business income that is a net total of the income and deductions you have already reported in your return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies