turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the Federal ID number for the Thrift Savings Plan retirement plan set up for postal employees?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is the Federal ID number for the Thrift Savings Plan retirement plan set up for postal employees?

Yes, it is best to wait for the 1099R for the TSP to make sure the EIN is correct and the codes on the 1099R are entered along with the amounts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

It will be a 2 digit --followed by 7 digits.  so for example 00-0000000 in this format and it will be on the CSA-1099R you have from TSP.  Let me know if you still can't find it.

so I must wait for the 1099R to arrive?   My other 1099R forms have been the same each year.  I just assumed each organization had the same Federal ID number each year.  My mistake.  Thank you for your response

Yes, it is best to wait for the 1099R for the TSP to make sure the EIN is correct and the codes on the 1099R are entered along with the amounts.

Will you please tent me the number.  My client requested transcript from the IRS but we got only last four 7970.

Please text to [phone number removed] if possible.

Dan

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies