turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What happened to form 8606-T? It was due today but disappeared from Federal Form Avail & Turbo won't allow me to file w/out it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What happened to form 8606-T? It was due today but disappeared from Federal Form Avail & Turbo won't allow me to file w/out it?

Today is not over - updates are usually late at night.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Depending on the time zone, only 6 hours to go for TurboTax to actually do something. It's really frustrating that it doesn't even show up as a form at all in the forms list. It makes zero sense to remove a form completely as though it doesn't exit. That just causes more confusion and frustration. (I know I'm not alone, and know you're also a user vs employee). Given comments that other tax prep sites/software have had the form available and given the action of completely removing any reference to the form, I think I'll probably take my business elsewhere next year (and I've been using this company for many years).

If you are using the CD/download version then update the software because the form is there ready for use.  If using the online version the the updates will be applied during quite hours tonight.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks!  All this because I owe $1 related to a Roth IRA disbursal. Squeeze us for every penny! And now I'm off to find out why Turbo Tax didn't update to reflect that the mortgage insurance premium was retroactively added back as a deductible item. Sigh

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies